How To Wear Rudraksha
Procedure to follow for wearing rudraksh:
- Perform Pran Prathistha from a brahmin pandit in a Shiva temple & then wear it for first time.
- Follow the vidhi (rituasl) and mantras according to scriptures when wearing rudraksh.
- Buy and wear the bead at an auspicious occasion. Make sure there is no rahu kaal & yamghat kaal at time of buying a new mukhi Rudraksha bead/mala, at the time of doing its Pran Prathistha puja and at the time of wearing energised Rudraksha bead/mala for the first time.
- Rudra-Abhishek puja can also be performed on your Rudraksha. It is the best and most powerful way of energising the Rudraskha.
- Once done, if you remove the rudraksh and wear it again then om-namah-shivah minimum 3times or 11times.
- Remove Rudraksha before engaging in sex, eating non-veg, drinking alcohol, &/or attend participate in some one's death funeral procession &/or when visiting the cemetery or cremation ground. After you come back from attending participating in some one's death funeral procession &/or visiting the cemetery or cremation ground, you should take bath at first and wash the head and forehead parts thoroughly and then wear rudraksh again.
- Remove it before sex and wear it again after showers.
- Touch your Rudraksha with clean hands only.
- Do not show your Rudraksha to everyone as it is not a fashion accessory. It should be hidden well below your clothes.
- In case you touch it dirty hands or when you are back from a funeral mistakenly, purity it with Ganga Jal and pray lord Shiva to forgive and touch it the image of lord Shiva or Shivling.
- The 14 Mukhi Rudraksha is very special and needs special care & handling.
- Rudraksh is worn on Poornima, Mondays, Shravan Mahas, Navratri, Shivaratri, Mahashivratri & eclipse.
- Keep rudraksh at the place of worship and touch it daily with your forehead when reciting Om Namah Shivaya.
- Always buy Rudraksha from your own money & not from other people's borrowed money.
- Rudraksha beads or malas should not be exchanged or interchanged after you wear it.
- Clean the rudraksh with a brush or piece of cloth once and then dispose it off. Use a new brush and cloth every time you clean the bead.
- As rudraksh is lord Shiva himself, you will get as much benefit by wearing a rudraksh as the amount of respect you have for the rudraksh because rudraksh is lord Shiva himself.